WHITE GOLD CORP (WGO.V): EXPANDS GOLD MINERALIZATION ON MULTIPLE TARGETS IN TRENCHING PROGRAM INCLUDING 8.88 G/T GOLD OVER 2.5M AND IDENTIFIES NEW TARGET
WHITE GOLD CORP. EXPANDS GOLD MINERALIZATION ON MULTIPLE TARGETS IN TRENCHING PROGRAM INCLUDING 8.88 G/T GOLD OVER 2.5M AND IDENTIFIES NEW TARGET WITH PROBE SAMPLES UP TO 24.4 G/T GOLD ON JP ROSS PROPERTY, YUKON
White Gold Corp. (TSX.V: WGO, OTC: WHGOF, FRA: 29W) (the “Company”) is pleased to announce positive trench, GT probe and soil sample results which identified additional and widespread structurally controlled gold mineralization at multiple targets on its road accessible JP Ross (“JPR”) property. The primary goal of the trenching program was to test identified soil and GT probe geochemistry anomalies and obtain a better understanding of the structural controls on mineralization to aid in drill planning. The positive results from this program in conjunction with other exploration results warranted follow-up exploration, with a series of rotary air blast (RAB) holes recently drilled to further test these targets, and additional RAB and diamond drilling planned for 2021. These activities form an integral part of the Company’s ongoing fully-funded $4 million exploration program backed by strategic partners Agnico Eagle Mines Limited (TSX: AEM, NYSE: AEM) and Kinross Gold Corp (TSX: K, NYSE: KGC), which also includes diamond drilling at the Ryan’s Surprise and Titan targets, RAB drilling at the Hen and JPR properties, and a significant regional program comprising soil and GT probe sampling and ground geophysical (magnetics and VLF-EM) surveys.
- Twenty-nine (29) trenches totalling 1,114 linear metres were trenched on 9 separate target areas utilizing an 8-ton tracked excavator. Results expanded known structurally controlled gold mineralization at multiple targets on the road accessible JPR property. Additional targets also to be tested in due course.
- Stage Fright target, trench JPRSF20T009 encountered a high-grade zone grading 8.88 g/t Au over 2.5m, and trench JPRSF20T010 exposed two separate mineralized zones grading 1.06 g/t Au over 2.5m, and 1.83 g/t Au over 2.5m.
- At the Sabotage target, five of seven trenches encountered gold mineralization including 3.40 g/t Au over 1.5m in trench JPRSAB20T023, 1.15 g/t Au over 8.5m in trench JPRSAB20T025, and 1.06 g/t Au over 2.1m and 15.00 g/t Au over 0.8m in trench JPRSAB20T029.
- Trenching on the North Frenzy target traced a north-south striking zone of mineralized quartz vein breccias with anomalous gold over a strike length of 600m.
- GT Probe (top of bedrock) samples on the newly identified and previously untested Notorious target area encountered multiple anomalous gold values ranging from 0.17 g/t Au to 24.4 g/t Au.
- Significant follow-up exploration work was executed pursuant to these findings which included expanded soil geochemistry surveys, a phase 2 trenching program utilizing a CanDig mini-excavator, hand excavated soil pits on existing anomalies and RAB drilling on several high priority targets.
- Virtual Site Tour & Corporate Update Today @ 4PM EST (Details below)
CLICK HERE to read the full news release.