I recently added Cordoba Minerals and increased my Orca Gold holdings significantly.
Snapshot of Cordoba Minerals Corp.
- Current market cap: 134MUSD
- Location: Colombia (High risk)
- Exploration company
- Main metals: Copper/Gold
- Recent high grade poly-metallic hit in new zone.
- Backed by Robert Friedland (One of the biggest stars in the commodity sector).
- Aggressive drill campaign.
- District wide potential.
- Fringe exploration technology
Snapshot of Orca Gold Inc.
- Current market cap: 41MUSD
- Location: Sudan/Ivory Coast (Very high risk)
- Exploration/development company
- Main metals: Gold
- Backed by the Lundin Group.
- Ross Beaty (known from Pan American Silver) is a significant shareholder.
- Enormous land holdings in Sudan and also The Ivory Coast as of yesterday (Bought from Kinross Gold).
- Kinross Gold has a 8% stake in the company.
- Management consists of the team that was behind Red Back Mining (Red Back went from a 40MUSd to a 7.1BUSD company when Kinross bought it)
- Geographically diversified.
- Main project in Sudan has a calculated NPV of 128MUSD vs. a current market cap of 41MUSD.
This is not an investment recommendation. These are risky companies operating in a very volatile sector. Du your own due diligence.