White Rock Minerals (WRM.AX): Drilling Starts in the High-Grade Gold Gap Zone Target at the Morning Star Gold Mine
- Analysis of historic mining and exploration has identified the Gap Zone as a priority high-grade gold
target for drill testing at the Morning Star gold mine, part of the Company’s Woods Point Gold Project
- The Gap Zone represents an area with 200 metres of vertical extent between areas of historic mining
that occurred above 10-level (>500,000 ounces) and below 14-level (>300,000 ounces).
- The Gap Zone target area has had little drilling and so offers significant potential to identify new
high-grade quartz reef structures along the 600 metre strike length of the host dyke, extending across
its full 60-80 metre width.
- An 11,500 metre diamond drill program has commenced with approximately 50 holes planned to test
the full extent of the Gap Zone, within the host dyke and across its margins.
- Historic production1 of 883,000ozs gold at 26.5g/t is reported from quartz reefs distributed over a
total vertical extent of 500 metres, excluding the Gap Zone (200 metres vertical extent) where there
is no historic production and little exploration drilling
CLICK HERE to read the full news release.