(August 2, 2018)
I was happy to see that a document with “Extended Abstracts” are already out for the Gold18@Perth symposium that is starting today (where Novo among others will be presenting)!
- It will take some time to cover everything but I just had to comment on this slide:
- Whatever the source was that created the basin wide gold event which later got deposited in the Fortescue Basin, again on a seemingly basin wide scale, there was apparently an “enriching event” after that!
- The clouds of fine gold, as well as the at least outer layer of the nuggets, got precipitated in a marine environment.
- There was carbonaceous material found IN the gold cloud.
- The gold associated with the tuffaceous horizon have “undergone significant dissolution of this secondary gold”
BASICALLY: THE GOLD THAT GOT DEPOSITED ON A BASIN WIDE SCALE ATTRACTED MORE GOLD, WHICH MEANS THAT THE FIRST MAJOR GOLD EVENT WAS FOLLOWED BY ANOTHER MAJOR GOLD EVENT IN SITU…!
(Makes me think about: “It’s better, it’s bigger”.)
Stay up to date
Subscribe to email updates!