WHITE GOLD CORP. ENCOUNTERS GOLD MINERALIZATION ON MULTIPLE TARGETS; DRILLS 105 G/T AU OVER 1.53M AT TITAN; TRENCHES 2.16 G/T AU OVER 21.0M INCLUDING 5.69 G/T AU OVER 3.0M AND 4.15 G/T AU OVER 5.0M AT VERTIGO AND PIT SAMPLES UP TO 18.2 G/T AU & 33.6 G/T AG AT NOTORIOUS, YUKON CANADA
JANUARY 21, 2021
White Gold Corp. (TSX.V: WGO, OTC: WHGOF, FRA: 29W) (the “Company”) is pleased to announce results for surface sampling, mechanical trenching and rotary air blast (“RAB”) drilling programs completed on its road accessible JP Ross (“JPR”) property which identified additional and widespread structurally controlled gold mineralization at multiple targets, and RAB, reverse circulation (“RC”) and diamond drilling results on its Titan project on the Hen property, Yukon Canada. This work formed part of the Company’s 2020 exploration program backed by strategic partners Agnico Eagle Mines Limited (TSX: AEM, NYSE: AEM) and Kinross Gold Corp (TSX: K, NYSE: KGC) on its extensive 420,000 hectare land package in the prolific White Gold District, Yukon, Canada.
- At the JPR property, additional gold mineralization encountered on multiple targets hosted within a regional scale structurally controlled mineralized system.
- Trenching at the Vertigo target identified a new mineralized zone grading 2.16 g/t Au over 21.0m including higher grade subzones of 5.69 g/t Au over 3.0m and 4.15 g/t Au over 5.0m, associated with a southeast trending gold-in-soil geochemistry anomaly which remains open along strike.
- JPR RAB drilling encountered gold mineralization in every hole with mineralized zones ranging from 0.20-3.29 g/t Au over widths of 1.5-9.1m.
- Rock samples from a hand dug pit collected on the recently discovered Notorious target confirmed the presence of high-grade gold mineralization. The two deepest samples at 1.4m and 1.5m returned the highest values including 18.2 g/t Au & 33.6 g/t Ag and 4.376 g/t Au & 9.8 g/t Ag, respectively.
- Structural analysis of the Notorious target area based on LiDAR and magnetics confirms a favourable structural geological setting.
- At Titan, RC and diamond drill holes were completed 8m and 4m respectively from RAB hole HENTTN19RAB-002 (72.81 g/t Au over 6.09m) to better quantify the grade and width of mineralization. Hole HENTTN20RC-001 intersected 105.0 g/t Au over 1.53m from 12.19m depth & HENTTN20D-003 intersected 37.40 g/t Au over 1.5m from 14.0m depth.
- Titan diamond drilling intersected multiple felsic dykes up to 10m wide, locally with well-developed quartz veinlets with potassium feldspar haloes and trace pyrite and galena, confirming intrusive activity and potential for buried porphyry style alteration and mineralization.
- Source of magnetic highs on Titan target is magnetite-rich zone(s) with anomalous copper near the base of a mafic unit.
- Significant additional results from the 2020 exploration program to be announced in the coming weeks.
- View the 2021 VRIC interview with David D’Onofrio, CEO and Shawn Ryan, Chief Technical Advisor and other newly posted video updates and media at: https://whitegoldcorp.ca/media/videos/.
CLICK HERE to read the full news release.