New Found Gold: Intercepts 44.5 g/t Au over 6.85m in 60m Step-Out at Keats Zone, Queensway Project, Newfoundland
Vancouver, BC, November 16, 2020: New Found Gold Corp. (“New Found” or the “Company”) (TSXV: NFG, OTC: NFGFF) is pleased to announce initial results from hole NFGC-20-26 at the Keats Zone (“Keats”), drilled as part of the Company’s ongoing 100,000m diamond drill program at its 100% owned Queensway High-Grade Gold Project (“Queensway”), 15km west of Gander, Newfoundland.
- An interval of drill core in Hole NFGC-20-26 displaying abundant quartz veining, sulfides and visible gold was assayed on a rush basis returning 44.5 g/t Au over 6.85m within a longer interval of 11.8 g/t Au over 29.15m, starting at 45 m down hole (note that the exact orientation of the veins is uncertain but believed to be steeply dipping thus implying true widths in the 70% to 80% range of reported drill lengths).
- The reported interval in NFGC-20-26 is located on fence line 4750N and is approximately 60m south-west of the discovery interval in hole NFGC-19-01 (see Figure 1). Two additional holes have now been completed on fence line 4750N and intervals from these holes have been submitted for assay on a rush basis.
- The high-grade interval in NFGC-20-26 displays characteristics suggestive of an epizonal orogenic depositional environment.
- The 10 m step out pattern from NFGC-19-01 roughly centered on fence line 4800N is continuing with ten holes additional to those already reported now completed (Figure 1). Intervals from each of these holes have been submitted or are being prepared for submission for assay on a rush basis.
- Four holes on fence line 4850N approximately 50m north of NFGC-19-01 have now been completed and intervals from these holes have also been submitted for assay on a rush basis (see Figure 1).
Denis Laviolette President of New Found, stated: “We are delighted to intersect this significant interval of high-grade gold mineralization 60m south of discovery hole NFGC-19-01. Historic work and more recent drilling at Keats have demonstrated gold mineralization over at least 300m of strike and the Keats target remains open in each direction along strike and to depth. We are continuing to drill on grid lines at 50m spacing to the north and south of NFGC-19-01 and anticipate further results from this drilling in the next several weeks. In addition, the closer spaced drilling around NFGC-19-01 is yielding outstanding results and giving us valuable information about the spatial distribution and geometry of the high-grade gold mineralization. Our recent hole at Lotto Zone 2 km north of Keats (41.2 g/t Au over 4.75m and 25.4 g/t Au over 5.15m) has confirmed the potential for multiple high-grade zones along the 5km of the Appleton Fault Zone that will be grid drilled in our current 100,000m program.”
CLICK HERE to read the full news release.