I recently found a presentation done by Robert Friedland that I had not seen before. It was a 30min video presentation shot during the “FT Commodities Global Summit” in March 2018. Robert had some interesting things to say and I always listen carfully when a well connected industry titan like that has something to say….
Some of Friedland’s thoughts:
- Air pollution is a massive problem that doesn’t get enough attention.
- China will totally ban the internal combustion engine (sooner rather than later) and will be the leader in the EV revolution.
- Bullish on South Africa due to the current president being Cyril Ramaphosa.
- That nickel, copper and cobalt are the best bets when it comes to battery metals.
- That the lithium hype is over-rated.
- That a lot of cars will be built with aluminum and scandium in the future.
- That platinum will see increased demand in the future.
- If that ends up being true, the chart below gets even more interesting…
The Hedgeless Horseman
Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Comm_Invest
Follow me on CEO.ca: https://ceo.ca/@hhorseman
Don’t forget to sign up for my Newsletter (top right on front page) in order to get notification when a new post is up!
Stay up to date
Subscribe to email updates!